WHY ASK WHY? WHEN GOD HAS DONE GREAT THINGS FOR US & JESUS’ GRACE IS THE GUARANTEE OF FAVOUR.
(Listen on Soundcloud)
Most warfare is in the mind (2Co.10:5). So we use God’s promises to change our thinking (Ro.12:2) by replacing lies with truth, and renewing our worldview so we see things by the Spirit the way God see them.
- Why should I feel unloved when “neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord”. (Ro.8:39)
- Why do I doubt God’s goodness when it says “For out of His abundance we have all received one grace after another and spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing and even favour upon favour and gift heaped upon gift. (Jn.1:17 Amp)
- Why should my needs not be met knowing that “My God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus?” (Phil.4: 19).
- Why should I say “I can’t” when the Bible says “I can do all things through Him Christ who strengthens me”? (Phil. 4: 13).
- Why should I fear when the Bible says ”God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and a sound mind?” (2Tim.1: 7).
- Why should I doubt or lack faith knowing that “God has allotted to each a measure of faith?” (Romans 12: 3).
- Why am I weak when the Bible says “The Lord is the strength of my life “(Psalm27: 1) and “People who know their God will display strength?” (Dan.11: 32).
- Why should I feel condemned when the Bible says “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Ro.8:1)
- Why should I focus on my sins when God says “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.” (Heb.10:17)
- Why should I focus on The Law when it says “We are not under law but under grace?”(Ro.6:15)
- Why should I allow Satan to have supremacy over my life, for “Greater is He that is within me than he who is within the world?” (1John4: 4) and Jesus and the cross has “disarmed the powers and authorities”(Col.2:15).
- Why should I accept defeat when the Bible says “Thanks be to God who always leads us in His triumph in Christ?” (2Cor.2: 14).
- Why should I lack wisdom when “Christ became to us wisdom from God” (1Co.1:30) and “God gives wisdom to all men generously and without reproach who asks Him for it?” (James 1: 5).
- Why should fear tomorrow when I can recall to my mind and therefore have hope that “the Lord’s loving-kindnesses indeed never fails, for his compassions never ever fail. They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness?” (Lam.3: 21-23).
- Why should I be depressed when “The joy of the Lord is my strength (Neh.8:10) and Jesus said “I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete”. (Jn.15:11).
- Why should I worry and fret when I can “Cast all my anxiety on Christ, because He cares for me?”
(1Peter 5: 7).
- Why should I ever be in bondage, for “Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”(2Cor:3:17) and “It was for freedom that Christ set me free.”(Gal.5: 1).
- Why should I ever feel alone when Jesus said ”I am with you always, even to the end of the age.(Matt.28: 20). And I will never leave you nor forsake you?”(Heb.13: 5).
- Why should I be discontented when, like Paul, I can ”Learn to be content in whatever circumstances I am?” (Phil.4: 11).
- Why should I feel worthless when “God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him?” (2Cor.5: 21).
- Why should I feel accursed or the victim of bad luck when the bible says, “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us in order that in Christ we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith?” (Gal.3:13-14).
- Why should I ever have a persecution complex, for “If God be for me, who can be against me? (Rom8: 31).
- Why should I be confused? “God is not the author of confusion, but of peace” (1Cor.14: 33) And, “Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things freely given to us by God.”(1Cor.2: 12).
- Why should I feel a failure when, “In all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us?” (Romans8: 37).
- Why should I let the world bother me when Jesus said, “In the world you have tribulation, but take courage, I have overcome the world?” (John16: 33).